Go Back   Forums > Republic at War > Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 05-09-2012, 07:09 PM
Community Manager

Send a message via MSN to KillerHurdz Send a message via Skype™ to KillerHurdz
Default Republic at War FAQ

Here is a list (updated for Republic at War v1.1.5) of the most frequently asked questions that we receive from users, along with answers for each.

Q:
I get an error when installing Republic at War v1.1.5 with the auto-installer.
A:
The installer extracts just over 3GB of mod files to whichever drive you placed the installer into. If you run out of room while the installer it working, you will receive this error.

Make sure that you have over 3GB of storage space on whichever drive you placed the installer into, regardless of whether or not that's where you installed the mod its self.
----------

Q:
I am using the Steam version of SWEAWFOC and when I try to launch Republic at War through the game launcher, it won't let me. What do I do?
A:
Steam users MUST use the Steam client to launch Republic at War. To do this, set your Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption's launch options to target Republic at War. To do this, open up your Steam Library, right click on “Star Wars: Empire at War Gold” and click properties. *Under the general tab, click on “set launch options”. *In the dialog box, put in “sweaw MODPATH=Mods\Republic_At_War” (without quotes).
----------

Q:
I am using the Steam version of SWEAWFOC and when I launch Republic at War, stock Forces of Corruption launches instead. Why?
A:
As abover, Steam users MUST use the Steam client to launch Republic at War. To do this, set your Star Wars Empire at War Forces of Corruption's launch options to target Republic at War. To do this, open up your Steam Library, right click on “Star Wars: Empire at War Gold” and click properties. *Under the general tab, click on “set launch options”. *In the dialog box, put in “sweaw MODPATH=Mods\Republic_At_War” (without quotes).
----------

Q:
Does Republic at War require Forces of Corruption to play?
A:
Yes.
----------

Q:
I can't find anyone to play with online. Where can I find other RaW players?
A:
We have developed a RaW multiplayer session organizer. You can access it here or via the home page (right side bar, by default) or through the included game launcher.
----------

Q:
Much of the in-game text is [MISSING]. What do I do?
A:
Rename your text files with the included game launcher by selecting the language tab, selecting the correct language and clicking "Rename Master Text File".
----------

Q:
I get a 'version mismatch' error when trying to join my friend's game. What is wrong?
A:
Using the included game launcher, click "Check Version" (under the "Update" tab) to see if your game is compatible with others for multiplayer. If not, use the "Clean XML Folder" button (under the "Clean" tab) to clean your game.
----------

Q:
I can't find the Republic at War single player campaign. Where is it?
A:
A single player campaign was never developed. There is, however, story elements in the 'Fall of the Jedi' GC campaign.
----------

Q:
When I try to play GC with a friend, the game crashes at the loading screen. Why?
A:
Currently, multiplayer over GC is not possible. The team is looking into this for future releases.
----------

Q:
What are Republic at War's system requirements?
A:
Minimum System Requirements:
CPU: Intel Core2 Duo E4300, AMD Athlon X2 64 4600+, or greater
GPU: ATI Radeon X1900, NVIDIA Geforce 7900, or greater
RAM: 1GB for Windows XP, 1.5GB for Windows Vista, 1.5GB for Windows 7
HDD: 4GB Free
Operating System: Windows XP SP2, Windows Vista, or Windows 7
Recommended System Hardware:
CPU: Intel Core i3 540, AMD Phenom II X2 565, or greater
GPU: AMD Radeon HD4890/5830/6790, NVIDIA Geforce GTX275/460/550 Ti, or greater
RAM: 2GB for Windows XP, 4GB for Windows Vista, 4GB for Windows 7, or greater
HDD: 6GB Free
Operating System: Windows XP SP3, Windows Vista SP2, or Windows 7 SP1
Maximum Performance Requirements:
CPU: Intel Core i5 2500k, AMD FX-8150, or greater
GPU: AMD Radeon HD6970/7870, NVIDIA Geforce GTX580/660 Ti, or greater
RAM: 4GB for Windows 7
SSD: 6GB Free
Operating System: Windows XP SP3, Windows 7 SP1

----------

Q:
I've found a bug. Where can I report it?
A:
Here.
----------

Q:
Republic at War crashes on start up. Why?
A:
This is because you have not applied the RAM fix. It is included with the RaW installation package but is alternatively available through Lucasarts.

If you have already done this and it still crashes on start up, try cleaning your XML folder and re-installing the official Lucasarts update. It is NOT the team's responsibility to help you diagnose problems with 3rd party game modifications.
----------

Q:
When is Republic at War v1.2 coming out?
A:
We can't give an ETA. Any news, regarding release dates, is posted on the RaW ModDB news section.
----------

Q:
I am running Windows 8 and can't get Forces of Corruption to run. What can I do?
A:
We are aware that some players are having difficulties running Forces of Corruption on Windows 8. Try installing and playing on an older operating system (Windows XP, Vista, or 7).
----------
*** Moderators may make additions as necessary ***

Last edited by KillerHurdz; 07-03-2013 at 10:51 PM.
Old 05-12-2012, 05:09 PM

Thanks for the help!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-18-2012, 04:05 PM
Clanker

i have the gold pack and it says.

star wars empire at war forces of corruption not found

please reinstall the game from the original CD-ROM and try again

i have done that 3 times and the the same message comes up

what do i do now ?
Closed Thread