Go Back   Forums > Republic at War > Discussion

Old 06-26-2012, 06:04 PM
Sergeant

Default Some new space hero units suggestions

In star wars republic commando, there were two acclamators that destroyed a single Lucrehulk-class Droid Control Ship. Those two ships were The Arrestor and The Prosecuter. I would like these units added in but make them stronger then the normal acclamators.

Here are the links to the information:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Arres...mator_I-class)

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Prosecutor
Old 06-26-2012, 06:37 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to JAS Send a message via Skype™ to JAS

Arrestor is actually one of the names randomly given to Acclamator ships in the game. I'm not sure about Prosecutor, but isn't it the derelict Acclamator in Republic Commando that gets wrecked by Trandoshans?

They were both standard Acclamator ships so it would be a little odd to have them as heroes, taking up two extra spaces on the UI.

Band: Hope For Tomorrow
Personal Music: The Auburn Experiment
Soundcloud: The Auburn Experiment Soundcloud
Old 06-26-2012, 06:45 PM
Sergeant

I noticed that but it managed to take down a droid control ship but in the game a simple acclamator can easy get taken down by a frigate? I would just like it to be an individual. And as for the Prosecuter, it was the ship wrecked but its auto firing guns alone aided in taking down a large droid control ship. I can only presume that once it was recaptured by the republic it was repaired and put into use again.
Old 06-26-2012, 07:10 PM
Super Moderator

The strength of droid control ships tends to vary from source to source in films and games. We see clearly in Ep. II a few simple SPHA artillery shots disabled a droid control ship. I think for balance purposes, the large and expensive Lucrehulks in RAW are as powerful as they are because otherwise they would just be large flimsy expensive carriers, hence why you probably won't see two Acclamators shooting one out of the sky.

Old 06-26-2012, 07:24 PM
Sergeant

Perhaps these can only be availible in shirmish by open fleet relay perhaps?
Old 07-11-2012, 07:27 AM
Recruit

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAS View Post
The strength of droid control ships tends to vary from source to source in films and games. We see clearly in Ep. II a few simple SPHA artillery shots disabled a droid control ship. I think for balance purposes, the large and expensive Lucrehulks in RAW are as powerful as they are because otherwise they would just be large flimsy expensive carriers, hence why you probably won't see two Acclamators shooting one out of the sky.
When the core ship is deploying troops, it has to keep its shields lowered. Because the CSI at Geonosis were trying to recover as many droids as possible and beat a hasty retreat, core ships wear caught with their shields down. Now if the firepower on a SPHA-T is comparable to the batteries on a capital ship (which it must be, since venators do use them offensively) then it stands to reason that a few SPHA-T volleys would inflict severe damage on an unshielded core ship.

That being said, I dont see why two standard issue Acclamators would make for good heros. General Tiin and his Venator "Impavid" from the Star Wars Clone wars Mini series would be a better fit, since currently I dont believe the Republic has any hero warships.
Old 07-11-2012, 07:34 AM
Super Moderator

Ah, thanks for clearing that up for me- makes sense now why they were taken down so easily.

I agree that regular old Acclamators as heroes would be the wrong way to go in this case. I personally was always annoyed at mods that would have 3-4 ISD's that were hero units and would feel similar if this was done.

Also, I like your avatar NiteShade. I've been a huge Wh40k fan for years.

Old 07-11-2012, 08:19 AM
Sergeant

The old Acclamators would be suited for the clone war ear, especially when troopers still use phase 1 armour.
Old 07-12-2012, 06:05 AM
g0d

Send a message via MSN to z3r0x

The SPHA-T destroys a Munificent in ROTS.

Old 07-12-2012, 04:19 PM
RaW Testing Team

Do you mean that part at the very beginning where Anakin and Obi-Wan are flying and they go through a fireball as they pass a venator?