Go Back   Forums > Republic at War > Discussion

Old 09-14-2012, 09:40 PM
Clanker

Default I LOVE this mod but..

Umm am I the only one with AI that has ludicrous resources as well as quickly building fleets?

10 minutes into a Galatic Conquest they have like two blockade runners and two of the other capital ship built which makes it hellish to even try to have fun because the ai just roflstomps because they are sending this kind of force in to nearly every planet I have...

Also another note, why does the CIS get 4-5ish capital ships at the start while the republic gets one or two vetonator cruisers?

Also, why does the CIS start out with frigates that are stronger than the acclamator? It feels like a bit overkill considering CIS already has better starting space units

Now is the ai thing just my game or is it a bit overkill for anyone else? (also since i never hit tech 5 because i get bored of losing nearly the whole GC in under 10 mins so are the republic just better later on?)

Just wondering cuz I am outright loving this mod but the ai is killing it for me and no one to play online against.

Last edited by Godman873; 09-14-2012 at 09:44 PM.
Old 09-14-2012, 10:08 PM
Super Moderator

Send a message via MSN to JAS Send a message via Skype™ to JAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Godman873 View Post
Umm am I the only one with AI that has ludicrous resources as well as quickly building fleets?
You, and the hundred plus other people who have made the same complaint.

In short, everything is being fixed up in v1.2, and should be more balanced and easier.
Take advantage of pausing during GC as you plan decisions, rather than letting the game run its course all the way through. Be sure to capture Mygeeto as soon as possible, as it has an enormous credit income. Use combined forces of heroes to sneak in and take over planets and skip space battles. All the republic heroes together can capture any CIS planet in GC by themselves if you do it right.

Band: Hope For Tomorrow
Personal Music: The Auburn Experiment
Soundcloud: The Auburn Experiment Soundcloud
Old 09-15-2012, 02:03 PM
RaW Staff

I do not have that problem at all. I wish I have. Am I a good player or my AI is somehow too soft??? Yes they strike hard as well still I strike back...
Old 01-24-2013, 10:54 PM
Clanker

i love the difficulty, the only thing i dont like, is that you can no longer make choke points,and the ai ALWAYS knows where you are the weakest. i would love for choke points to come back
Old 02-24-2013, 11:28 PM
Clanker

I don't like the god mode difficulty at all, the AI went from an equal economy to 40k and a day hadn't even passed yet. I'm guessing it gets the money from some insane scavenge bonus everytime it kills one of my units. I think god mode AI should be limited to Hard mode only.

Currently playing a large map campaign as the CIS, which luckily have a decent enough fleet from the start to allow me to put a blockde on every single planet so I can hamper the AI's production. My biggest lost was in coruscant against the last of their level 5 space stations, somehow my lucrehulk exploded out of nowhere. I'm guessing it was a shot from their space station or a hypervelocity gun which have been buffed up from vanilla, or maybe it was anikin that snuck in and fired at the generators from the inside .

Not a very fun way of playing though, having to send out your fighters over and over while you keep your main fleet back in a defensive position. When playing Abosolute Foc I typically like to turtle up around key planets from about kamino to mechis, while I build up fleets of whatever ships I like and the AI keeps sending wave after wave of fleets against me.
Old 04-11-2013, 05:33 AM
Sergeant

@CCArgee

I agree with you. I love how the AI operates in the game. They are relentless, but they can be beat.

@Blackram

Chokepoints can be created, it is just more difficult because hyperspace distances were greatly enhanced. iirc the republic can lock down most of the core if you take foerost, mechis, cato nemoidia, and that neutral planet to the left of coruscant whose name escapes me.

Work down the left planets a little more, and grab trandosha and the entire core is safe except for a few choke points.

Overall, I love the AI in the mod. Probably the best part about it. The problem is that everyone comes in expecting vanilla forces of corruption which was laughably easy, even on hard mode. Raw keeps me on my toes and makes me think strategically, which is awesome.

It honestly annoys the crud outta me that so many people claim that the republic is unplayable atm, and that so many people claim the ai is too difficult. I don't mean to sound arrogant, I think everyone can do it, it just takes some careful planning, skillful use of units, and an occasionally cheesing of the ai.

I hope that the Raw staff doesn't nerf the ai into oblivion for v1.2. Maybe a little, on easy mode, but leave normal and hard where they are at, or even make them harder, who knows. The strength of the AI is my favorite aspect of the mod and I will be sad if this is killed due to all of the complaints.

Sorry, went on a rant there. Thanks for reading.
Old 04-11-2013, 04:25 PM
RaW Testing Team

The neutral planet is Fresia
Old 04-11-2013, 11:12 PM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by turtle225 View Post
It honestly annoys the crud outta me that so many people claim that the republic is unplayable atm, and that so many people claim the ai is too difficult. I don't mean to sound arrogant, I think everyone can do it, it just takes some careful planning, skillful use of units, and an occasionally cheesing of the ai.

I hope that the Raw staff doesn't nerf the ai into oblivion for v1.2. Maybe a little, on easy mode, but leave normal and hard where they are at, or even make them harder, who knows. The strength of the AI is my favorite aspect of the mod and I will be sad if this is killed due to all of the complaints.
Well said. I only play as the Republic, and it's not unplayable (tough, but not unplayable).

Declawing the AI because a bunch of meatbags don't know the first thing about outsmarting their own computer would indeed be sad... and now that I think about it, that statement can also be true of the mod's installation, too.
Old 04-12-2013, 09:20 PM
Marshal Commander

I don't think the AI is impossible to beat; I've seen it done. My thing is, Im tired of battles you just can't win, period. In vanilla you could head off huge fleets with considerably smaller ones without a problem. In RAW it's next-to-impossible to win several battles.

I can offer a bit of insight into complaints. In EAW, a strong space defense meant you could focus more on attacking and defending the space above a planet. In RAW a lot of those space fights are unwinnable. That's what gets me, personally--you don't have much of a chance to fend off the invaders before they reach the surface.
Old 04-17-2013, 06:05 AM
Clanker

Default me too

i really love the difficulty, the only thing i dont like, is that you can no longer make choke points,and the ai ALWAYS knows where you are the weakest. i would love for choke points to come back

Last edited by Iga88; 04-19-2013 at 11:43 AM.