Go Back   Forums > News and Information > News

Poll: Which version of SWEAW FOC do you play?
Poll Options
Which version of SWEAW FOC do you play?

Old 03-29-2013, 03:47 AM
Community Manager

Send a message via MSN to KillerHurdz Send a message via Skype™ to KillerHurdz
Default Multiplayer Compatibility Poll

As many of you know, we've been in contact with Petroglyph over the issue of SWEAW FOC multiplayer compatibility. I'm still waiting on a second round of responses regarding the potential patch but progress is slow. In the event that Petro doesn't follow through with an official game patch, we will have to make due with our own 3rd party FOC Game Cleaner application.

Although the FOC Game Cleaner & Synchronizer has been available for a few months now, the plan is to switch from syncing to the disc version to syncing to the Steam version. This is due to the steady increase of Steam users in our community. Until the majority of users are playing via Steam, there is no reason to make this change as we want to accommodate the largest audience possible. Once we're satisfied with the information (via this poll), the application will be configured to sync to that version. Until then, it will stay as-is.

Help us out by choosing the version of Empire at War that you use (or use most often).

Download Link.

Thanks.
KH

Last edited by KillerHurdz; 06-09-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old 04-04-2013, 05:45 PM
Major

What? I can't believe I'm the only person who plays the Steam version!
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.
Old 04-05-2013, 04:31 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slornie View Post
What? I can't believe I'm the only person who plays the Steam version!
I actually thought most people used the steam version.

"@%#$!" ―Brandei, after being informed of Talon Karrde's reinforcements at the Battle for the Katana fleet
Old 04-05-2013, 04:42 AM
RaW Testing Team

you underestimate the power of CD's
Old 04-05-2013, 04:44 AM
Captain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Republic at War View Post
you underestimate the power of CD's
Not really, I have the Gold Edition CD.

"@%#$!" ―Brandei, after being informed of Talon Karrde's reinforcements at the Battle for the Katana fleet
Old 04-05-2013, 05:21 AM
Clone Trooper

Send a message via Skype™ to Emperorniko

I started out with the original EAW 2-CD box and then moved on to the Gold Pack DVD a year or so later.

I've never like the idea of steam forcing you to always be online to play. plus i had dial-up back then (Lived in the middle of the woods)
Old 04-05-2013, 05:44 PM
Major

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emperorniko View Post
I've never like the idea of steam forcing you to always be online to play.
You know Steam does have an offline mode?
why do u hate america? if it were not for us u guys would be lost. i mean we invented the tv, we invented the internet, cars and we even went to the planet moon. we won all the wars and we always help the little countries who cant fight and we give food to poor people.
Old 04-06-2013, 11:08 AM
Clone Trooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by KillerHurdz View Post
As many of you know, we've been in contact with Petroglyph over the issue of SWEAW FOC multiplayer compatibility. I'm currently waiting on a second round of responses regarding the potential patch but progress is slow. In the event that Petro doesn't follow through with an official game patch, we will release our own 3rd party software application that will do the job.

If we do end up having to do it ourselves, we need one piece of information from the community: which version of the game is currently used by the majority of users. Once we're satisfied with the information (via this poll), the application will be configured to sync to that version.

Help us out by choosing the version of Empire at War that you use (or use most often).

Thanks.
KH
Hi, if you think that the multiplayer is a big problem, probably you are wrong because it is not the worst. If you are at contact with Petroglyph people, you should speak to them about the problem where when you have been playing a lot of time, you lose the ability for control the units. You can build units but you can not move them, you can not control them at battles and at the end the game is finish because you can not make nothing. I name to it global error and it happens with the original games EAW and FOC and with all the mods but unfortunately for years it has been deliberately ignored by the people.

I feel that you should comment it to Petroglyph if you can.
Old 04-08-2013, 10:06 PM
Community Manager

Send a message via MSN to KillerHurdz Send a message via Skype™ to KillerHurdz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomada_Firefox View Post
Hi, if you think that the multiplayer is a big problem, probably you are wrong because it is not the worst. If you are at contact with Petroglyph people, you should speak to them about the problem where when you have been playing a lot of time, you lose the ability for control the units. You can build units but you can not move them, you can not control them at battles and at the end the game is finish because you can not make nothing. I name to it global error and it happens with the original games EAW and FOC and with all the mods but unfortunately for years it has been deliberately ignored by the people.

I feel that you should comment it to Petroglyph if you can.
I have and they know about it. The likelihood of them resolving it, however, is really quite low at this point.

There are really three issues that are on the table right now but Petroglyph seems to only be interested in dealing with the multiplayer compatibility issues as it's a simple quick fix.

If we can get this resolved via an official game patch, I'll see if we can make any headway on the remaining issues.
Old 04-09-2013, 06:03 PM
Major

The trouble is Petroglyph pretty much have to do this off their own backs. There's no way LucasArts (or what remains of it) are going to stump up any cash to fix a couple of issues in a six year old game. And then there's managing to push the fix through the authorisation process - just look how long it took for them to manage to patch the multiplayer lobbies!

Tags
affordable logo design, design business logo